VAI’s Environmental Control Monitoring Division (ECMD) has addressed the needs of cleanroom laundries, and the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, semiconductor, and electronics industries with the Helmke-Yeich (H-Y) Tumble Drum.
The purpose of the H-Y Tumble Drum® is to test garments, wipers, gloves, and other cleanroom ready products to determine the amount of particulates and shedding. The H-Y Tumble Drum provides effective measurement of quality levels to ensure facilities are meeting the required standards.
In the Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology document, “Garment System Considerations for Cleanrooms and Other Controlled Environments IEST-RP-CC003.2” the H-Y Tumble Drum is recommended for testing garments, wipers, gloves, and other cleanroom ready products.
The H-Y Tumble Drum tumbles items in a rotating drum to release particles from the surface of the item. It is designed to be connected to an automatic particle counter in order to sample the air within the drum to determine the average particle concentration of the air. Results depict the level of contamination the product will emit to the cleanroom environment per minute.
Features and Benefits
- Easily connected to a particle counter
- Designed to be used in a clean controlled area, i.e. laminar flow hood or contained area under HEPA filters
- Compact enough to fit under a laminar flow hood
- Durable and requires little maintenance
- Constructed of mirror finished Stainless Steel
- Removable baffles for easy cleaning
- Sealed direct drive motor assembly assures no particulates are generated from the motor or assembly that may affect testing
- Variable speed control and digital readout
- Entire platform can be rotated 90 degrees
- Mobile stand is counter weighted for stabilization
- IEC IP65 rated for front panel wash down
- Meets North American (ETL) safety standards