VAI®’s Environmental Control Monitoring Division (ECMD) addresses the needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, semiconductor, and electronics industries with a complete range of portable viable environmental monitoring equipment.
VAI’s viable air monitoring equipment is designed to sample a quantifiable amount of air for viable contamination using our patented Sterilizable Microbial Atrium (SMA®) and a standard media plate. A SMA Atrium® is a 316L Stainless Steel capture device that is connected to a controlled vacuum source, such as the SMA MicroPortable ICS® or SMA MicroPortable® Air Sampler. Air is directed from the environment to impact onto a media plate contained inside of the Atrium. The media plate is then incubated and tested to determine the number of viable organisms per cubic foot or liter of air.
In conjunction with an SMA Atrium, SMA MicroPortable® Air Samplers are used for the automated collection of microorganisms in the air. These viable air samplers are battery powered, compact, and lightweight which allows them to be easily moved to desired air sampling points. They also make it easy to start and cancel a sample cycle.
SMA MicroPortable Air Samplers incorporate the same multi-orifice sampling methods as the standard SMA Atrium which allows continuous viable air sampling. Furthermore, they allow you to program, save, recall, and view two sample volume amounts and view air flow in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) or Liters Per Minute (LPM).
VAI® offers on-site calibration and repair services. Please contact us for details.
- Program, save, recall, and view two sample volume amounts
- Start and cancel a sample cycle
- Provide visual notification
- When the sample cycle is in progress
- Which preset sample volume is selected
- Which air flow rate is selected, 1 CFM or 5 CFM
- When the battery requires charging
- Provide audible and visual alarms when the sample cycle is complete
Features and Benefits
- Constructed with 316L Stainless Steel
- Disinfected using select VAI products
- SMA Atriums can be completely sterilized by steam, heat, or ethylene oxide (ETO)
- Battery powered and can operate for 8 hours before requiring a 45 minute recharge
- Meets North American (ETL) and European Community (CE) safety standards
- Includes a battery, battery charger, cover, SMA Atrium top (1/4″ 25 mL), and lid